Host A Gspca Regional Specialty!
Has your area in been looking for majors? Hosting a GSPCA Regional can help to draw in additional entries and gives your club a chance to add another show in addition to the 4 designated and independent shows allowed by the AKC. The GSPCA does not request fees for having this event, it’s just an attraction that your member club can offer to your area. The GSPCA will supply special medallions as prizes to be awarded to BOB, BOS, WD and WB, SD and SB.
GSPCA Regional Specialty Rules and Guidelines:
- Any GSPCA member club that is in good standing can host a GSPCA regional specialty. The Club will be required to provide the GSPCA corresponding secretary with a Date, Location, and Judge, from the approved list of GSPCA judges used for the National Specialty Show, of said event. Upon Board approval, the club will be notified and given a password which will allow paperwork to be completed online with AKC. Paperwork to request the event should be to the GSPCA Corresponding Secretary no less than 6 months prior to the event, preferable 9-12 months prior.
- There will be no more than 2 regionals in any section in any calendar year. The regionals must be at least 30 days apart from each other and approved by the Board. The Board reserves the right to deny any application.
- Any club requesting Back-to-Back regionals (in back-to-back years) must have the approval by the current sectional clubs. The corresponding secretary will contact the local clubs allowing 14 days for a response. If no response is received, then that is considered an affirmation of allowing the regional.The seven regions are:
- Northwest: Alaska,Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming and that portion of California with postal zip codes of 93600 and above
- Southwest: Arizona,Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and that portion of California with postal zip codes of 93599 and below
- South Central: Arkansas,Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas
- North Central: Iowa,Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- East Central: Ohio,Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, and Tennessee
- Southeast: Alabama,Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia,West Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Northeast: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont